Jul 25, 2011

Redneck Riviera



Recently i had the pleasure to visit one of my favorite people...maresa...a girl I met by chance during my first days at college who i wish to keep as one of my best friends for life... her family moved from the burning dusty heat of Arizona to the bayous, tornadoes and rednecks...I loved every moment i was able to spend at their place and learn about so many new things...see beautiful towns and places all of which looked like an artist painted them in pastel, the sand dunes the sunset, the algae filled emerald bay...it was beautiful...her mom n dad was very kind and wonderful to take me around and show me all these nice things and places...and i loved the conversations and fun times I had...we saw a lot of people from down south...they all looked the same to me...like one of those times when you get off the plane in Japan and everyone looks like mr miyagi san...or the girls look like characters out of your favorite anime...life was very different there than how it is in new york...buildings were small...people drove a lot more tough traffic seemed to be a lot less...and funny part for me...most of them spoke english, unlike here at new york where i am losing my qualifications as a bachelors degree holder from a school where the language of communication was english...maybe i will have to take the toefl examination again before i am allowed to apply to another american school...fort walton was beautiful...a lot of army folks, a lot of rich folks a lot of folks that just say folks...alligator sausage bites...fancy little artist stores, home made salsa, bike rides, deadly rooted plants, water, sand, beach, photos, laughs ,long drives over the bridge, getting shades of brown on my brown skin...yes it was all these and more at the redneck riviera with one of my sweetest friend, who i wish good luck to for her future endeavors, trials and triumphs in life...

No comments: