Jul 26, 2011

Paradigm Shift

The Old building at Penn State
About ten years back I used to be good at mathematics and also spellings, if you asked me how to spell a complex word I would probably surprise you and spell it correctly in my very Indian accent and also solve complicated differential equations so quickly that you would think I was destined to be a Nuero physicist...honestly at this point of time I am not aware if that is a logical word or if people are really called that...but none the less it sounds very intellectual to me...enough of the thesis...I have failed myself...the paradigm has shifted...I am horrible at spellings and I cannot solve simple arithmetic problems in which you basically have to reconstruct a few sentences to reach a simple logical answer...Although I am able to understand english a bit better...it makes sense...I actually understand what I read and can decipher the inner meaning and formulate logical combinations of thoughts and assumptions the author probably made while writing that passage or book or essay...tough ten years back I didnot really understand anything I read...I passed my classes because I remembered everything and practically threw up whatever I remembered on the examination papers...recently I was able to visit a friend of mine, a brilliant chap who is doing his PhD in physics...yes he plays with radioactive material and sits nets to women that dont seem attractive tough they might be of age...must be the strong electromagnetic fields they create from their brainwaves through immense research that keeps repelling young men from them...while visiting my friend at penn state, I was strongly inspired to seek education again, I felt that even if life decided to fail me, education would never leave my back...and that is when I realized, I cannot do math...well solution, grade eight math book...I have about a week to complete the book and then grade 9 and 10 to follow the following weeks...hopefully that will help me jump start my memory and wake up my decaying brain cells where I stored my math logic...kind of like the rusty bike you throw away somewhere in your garage and take out a few years later...statistical analysis of data...

No comments: